Used Jeep Door Side Slidings
All used Jeep Door Side Slidings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Side Slidings
The Jeep door side sliding provides an easy-access sliding door designed specifically for the make and model of your vehicle.
Mounted and held in place on tracks, the Jeep door sliding side, slides open or shut with ease. To prevent the door from slamming, and to enable to door to stay either open or closed, the mechanism is fitted with a track stopper at each end of the track. Most manufacturers of modern cars favour aluminium for parts such as car doors, because it's strong durable and rustproof while being lightweight. Car doors can also be made of steel and strong plastics. The interior of a car door, referred to as the car door panel, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover, and can be lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl, to blend with the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the car door panel houses controls such as electric window controls, and the locking mechanism for the door.
It's usually the larger passenger vehicles, such as people carriers, that have a side sliding door, which enables the passengers seated in the back of the car to enter and exit the vehicle. With the use of a handle, the Jeep side sliding door can be slid open or shut. Some sliding doors can be electrically powered. Sliding doors are particularly useful when the car is parked in a small space, because space is not needed to swing the door open, as with standard car doors that work with a hinged mechanism. Sliding doors also make loading a vehicle with luggage much easier as there is no obstruction with a sliding door; it simply slides open and out of the way, disappearing into the bodywork of the vehicle. This type of sliding door is referred to as a pocket door.
Usual reasons for replacement of side sliding doors range from damage caused in an accident to a faulty or worn sliding mechanism which prevents the door opening or closing properly. If the side sliding door on your vehicle has seen better says, suffering from rust or you simply wish to smarten up your vehicle, purchasing a new Jeep door side sliding will fit the make and model of your car perfectly.
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.