Used Jeep Door Trims
All used Jeep Door Trims listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Trims
Trim is a general term for the cosmetic finish to the assembly method in the manufacture of vehicles. The trim tends to differ according to whether the vehicle is standard, mid-range or a luxury model.
Trim is found extensively on the interior and exterior of all vehicles.
Examples of Jeep trim, on the exterior are plastic bumpers, chrome and rubber strips that protect the vehicle from bumps and scrapes.
Interior trim includes upholstery, carpeting and door panels etc.
Jeep trim comes in different standards or levels, such as base, i.e. cloth upholstery, the least expensive; mid-level such as vinyl or faux leather upholstery, which is moderately expensive; and high end, the most expensive, which can include chrome strips, leather upholstery and wood grain trim.
Most trim is held in place with push pull fixings and/or screws.
Jeep trim is usually replaced for reasons of damage due to general wear and tear.
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.