Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Gear Sticks
All used Jeep Gear Sticks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gear Sticks
The Jeep gear stick is a metal lever that attaches to the gearbox in a manual vehicle. It is usually located between the front passenger and driver seat and is on the left hand side of the driver in a UK standard vehicle and is used by the driver to change gears whilst driving. Some vehicles, particularly those in the United States, have gear sticks that are attached to the steering column.
To operate the Jeep gear stick, the driver should depress the clutch pedal. This disengages the engine and enables the vehicle to change gears.
On top of the Jeep gear stick is a gear knob, which has a diagram of the positions of the gears on the top of it for the driver’s convenience. For the driver to change gears he/she has to move the Jeep gear stick in the relevant directions shown by the diagram. They will feel the gear engaging when the Jeep gear stick pushes in to place.
Some 4 x 4s use a second Jeep gear stick which engages another gearbox for off-road terrain.
Problems with the Jeep gear stick may result in an inability to change gears.
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.