Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Headlight Indicator Switch Stalks
All used Jeep Headlight Indicator Switch Stalks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Headlight Indicator Switch Stalks
The Jeep headlight indicator switch stalk is attached to the steering column. This stalk has levers on it that are used by the driver to operate the headlights or indicators of the vehicle and is wired in to the power supply unit of the vehicle using a multi-connector plug. The headlights and indicator are powered by a 12-volt electrical system known as a closed circuit loop system. This means that electricity is not flowing to the headlights or indicators when they are switched off. When the driver uses the levers on the Jeep headlight indicator switch stalk the current is passed from the power supply to the headlights or indicators, opening the circuit loop. Once a vehicle has finished turning it’s common for the indicators to turn themselves off using a function that’s built in to the Jeep headlight indicator switch stalk.
It’s rare that a Jeep headlight indicator switch stalk will become damaged through wear and tear, but they can fail to self-cancel when indicating to turn. Other issues that may arise are the damage to wires which can cause burn outs or reliability issues. Faulty stalks should be replaced immediately and damaged wiring replaced.
- One of the most expensive Jeeps in the world is the 2005 Jeep Hurricane. It's certainly not a cheap option if you're in the market for a Jeep unless, of course, you've got a spare £2 million in the bank.
- Former US President Ronald Reagan was a big fan of the Jeep and was often seen driving around his ranch in his much-loved CJ8.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.