Used Jeep Headlight Motors
All used Jeep Headlight Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Headlight Motors
The Jeep headlight motor is an electronic device which an essential part of your vehicle’s lighting system works in conjunction with the headlight levelling sensor to position the car headlights in the optimum position for driving whilst ensuring that oncoming traffic is not affected by the strong beam of the vehicle headlights. The Jeep headlight motor is controlled by a cam-operated switch which is dedicated to each headlight and an in-vehicle switch that is situated on the dashboard.
The Jeep headlight motor consists of a series of relays and motors and works by receiving a current from the 12-volt ignition which generates enough power to position the headlights where they need to be as dictated by the headlight levelling sensor.
Damage to the Jeep headlight motor can be indicated by the headlights not moving up and down or side-to-side when the headlights are used. Damage can be caused by electrical faults, corrosion or jammed gears in the motor.
Because of the positioning of the motor it’s possible that dirt and water can get in to the motor which can cause many issues with the motor. It’s recommended that issues with the headlight motor are fixed urgently.
- One of the most expensive Jeeps in the world is the 2005 Jeep Hurricane. It's certainly not a cheap option if you're in the market for a Jeep unless, of course, you've got a spare £2 million in the bank.
- There is a 1953 Willys Jeep on display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, with the curators calling it "an example of automotive design in its purest form." The Jeep was added to the museum's collection in 2002.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.