Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Heater Hoses
All used Jeep Heater Hoses listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Heater Hoses
The Jeep heater hose is a rubber hose which is positioned in the vehicle’s heating system. Jeep heater hoses can be attached to various places such as the radiator, heater or intercooler.
If a Jeep heater hose is damaged in a vehicle it can damage the engine. This is because Jeep heaters hoses carry coolant from the engine to the heater core. In transporting the coolant, excess heat is taken away from the engine and stops it from overheating.
Because of their positioning, the Jeep heater hoses are also used as part of a vehicle’s heating system. The excess heat that is sent from the engine is used to heat the interior of the vehicle. This heating system is operated by the vehicle’s driver using a series of control switches on the dashboard.
Because Jeep heater hoses are made from rubber and are subjected to a high amount of heat, they are prone to cracking and deterioration. This can mean that they can split, which will leak coolant on to the engine and potentially damage the engine or the radiator of the vehicle. This may cause smoke rising from the hot engine or radiator.
- The original Jeep was designed in only two days! The prototype took 75 days to be built and then delivered to the US army that had commissioned the vehicle.
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."