Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Hood & Frames
All used Jeep Hood & Frames listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Hood & Frames
One of the more popular types of convertible designs on older vehicles is the soft top Jeephood and frame. In this type of vehicle, the hood, which is usually made of some type of fabric, is attached to the hood frame. As with most vehicle parts, the mechanical parts of the frame and the fabric of the hood tend to wear and tear. The hood, because it is made of fabric is also relatively easy to damage.
In the event that either the hood frame or the hood itself is damaged and requires replacement there are two possibilities. One or other of the individual components can be replaced, although, whilst this is the less expensive option, it will mean that one part of the convertible roof assembly will be much older than the other. A better alternative might be to invest in a complete Jeephood and frame replacement kit. This has the advantage of creating an entirely new roof assembly, both parts of which are likely to survive for some time into the future.
JeepHood and frame kits are relatively inexpensive and are easily accessed through one of the many motor component retailers and a Jeepnew hood and frame can transform the appearance of an aging convertible.
- Although they were designed for the military, it didn't take long before Jeep released a version for civilians. The CJ-2A had several features that were lacking on the military versions, such as a tailgate, a side-mounted spare tire, and an external fuel cap.
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- Jeeps have been seen a lot on the small screen, with perhaps the most recognisable being their use in the award-winning TV show Breaking Bad. Both Hank Schrader and Skyler White drove a Jeep, although it was Schrader's 2006 Jeep Commander (XK) that looked the best.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."