Find parts for your car
Used Jeep A Posts
All used Jeep A Posts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About A Posts
The posts in a vehicle are the almost vertical structural pillars that support the window, door and roof area of a car and connect the roof of the vehicle with the base of the frame. These supporting posts are labelled A post, B post and C post. In larger cars there is also a D Post.
Usually steel or alumnium, the posts in a car are solid structures, which are welded at one end to the car's frame and at the other to the roof panel and are positioned between the windows or doors. The Jeep A post is the pillar at the front end of the car, supporting the windscreen and front door/window. The specific design of the A post will vary depending on the design of the car. Some A posts have been manufactured to be slimmer and tapered to help improve the driver's line of sight. The A post on the car interior is usually upholstered with cloth, leather or suede to match the rest of the car's interior design.
Supporting the vehicle's roof and door, the Jeep A post plays an important role structurally in the overall safety of the car and its occupants. The A posts have a vital role to play in a collision by adding structure to and protecting the passenger area of the car, preventing it from crumpling, while absorbing some of the impact of a side collision.
A common reason for A post replacement is damage received in an accident. Buying a new Jeep A post will give you a part that's compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, ensuring this important structural body part can perform properly.
- The original Jeep was designed in only two days! The prototype took 75 days to be built and then delivered to the US army that had commissioned the vehicle.
- One of the most expensive Jeeps in the world is the 2005 Jeep Hurricane. It's certainly not a cheap option if you're in the market for a Jeep unless, of course, you've got a spare £2 million in the bank.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."