Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Side Steps
All used Jeep Side Steps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Side Steps
The Jeep side step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting the vehicle on the side to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed where the sill sits, directly beneath the side doors on the vehicle, the side step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. The side step may come with a pre-cut sill which can then be used in conjunction with the side step or you may need to cut the original sill to shape it to fit with the side step in place.
The Jeep side step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Side steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's. Side steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often side steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Side steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit side steps to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The side steps on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the side steps to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new side step on your car, choosing the Jeep side step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Jeeps have been seen on the big screen a lot, especially in war films. However, it's not just war that is responsible for iconic Jeep designs in cinema. Jurassic Park used a '93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara for the vehicles used in the dino-park, and the most iconic scene showed the Jeep outrunning a T-Rex! There's even a car club called the Jurassic Park Motor Pool, where members have to own a Jeep that has been painted to look like it's come straight from the park.
- Jeep has had eight different owners to date. The current owners of the iconic brand are Fiat-Chrysler, but the name has been owned by recognisable names like Renault and AMC.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.
- There's a whole sport called Jeeping, and it's been running since 1953. It's a trek that usually takes place along the Rubicon Trail in the US, and 'Jeep Jamborees' are now so popular that Jeep even attends the events, often bringing new concept vehicles to show off.