Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Stub Axles
All used Jeep Stub Axles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Stub Axles
The stub axle is a short axle found on front wheel drive vehicles.
The axle is one of two rear stub axles that carry the two rear wheels independently on either side of the vehicle. The axle accommodates the wheel bearings which support the wheel hub.
The stub axle forms part of an independent suspension system on non driven wheels.
Problems occurring with the stub axle are commonly related to wear with the bearing and wheel hub causing the shaft to become misshapen, which requires replacement. The Jeep stub axle is the ideal replacement part, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
- The original Jeep was designed in only two days! The prototype took 75 days to be built and then delivered to the US army that had commissioned the vehicle.
- Nobody knows where the name 'Jeep' comes from or why it was used. One theory is that it's a play on the phrase General Purpose Vehicle (GP), while others maintain that Jeeps are named after a character in the Popeye cartoon, Eugene the Jeep.
- The Jeep is the only vehicle to have won an American Purple Heart medal. The award was given after a Jeep was the first US presence on the beach at Guadalcanal. The Jeep was only slightly damaged, with some bullet holes in the windscreen, but General Eisenhower called the Jeep one of "the three tools that won the war."
- Former US President Ronald Reagan was a big fan of the Jeep and was often seen driving around his ranch in his much-loved CJ8.
- There is a 1953 Willys Jeep on display in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, with the curators calling it "an example of automotive design in its purest form." The Jeep was added to the museum's collection in 2002.