Find parts for your car
Used Jeep Window Motor Cables
All used Jeep Window Motor Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Jeep are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Window Motor Cables
There are different types of electric window mechanisms. Most commonly the use of a motor and a mechanism with a worm gear and a curved cogged arm are employed to create the up and down movement of the window glass. Another type uses a motor and a mechanism that has cables that are wound and unwound on spools to create the lift and drop of the window glass.
Problems with the cable type can be through lack of lubrication between the inner cable and the outer sleeve. This results in resistance and slowing of the mechanism and the speed of the movement in the window, or can be a complete seizure of the cable and a resulting snapping of the cable.
Replacement of the cable requires removal of the electric motor with its attached mechanism.
The motor and mechanism is located behind the the door card trim in the door cavity. Access to the motor and mechanism with the cables, requires the removal of the door card trim and the disconnection of the electrical connections.
- There's a whole sport called Jeeping, and it's been running since 1953. It's a trek that usually takes place along the Rubicon Trail in the US, and 'Jeep Jamborees' are now so popular that Jeep even attends the events, often bringing new concept vehicles to show off.
- There were a lot of car firsts in the 1963 Jeep Wagoneer. Dubbed by Jeep as the first-ever luxury SUV, the Wagoneer came with independent front suspension (a first for a 4x4), as well as the first overhead-cam six-cylinder truck engine.
- The original Jeep was designed in only two days! The prototype took 75 days to be built and then delivered to the US army that had commissioned the vehicle.
- People that own a Jeep are very keen to show it off. In 2015, research was carried out that showed Jeep is the second most popular car brand to see on Instagram. The Marque is the most popular Jeep model on social media. While this is a surprise when you consider the bigger names in car manufacturing, the fact that Jeeps can become such an integral part of the travel experience may go some way to explain the Instagram popularity.
- Jeeps have a distinctive flat slotted grill, but it's actually Ford that designed this part. Originally, the grill consisted of 13 slots, but by 1945 the number had dropped to seven.