Find parts for your car
Used Kia Cee'd Accelerator Pedal
All used Kia Cee'd Accelerator Pedal listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Kia Cee'd are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Accelerator Pedal
The Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal manages the throttle valve which controls the flow of air in your engine and in turn dictates the amount of fuel released into your engine. Ultimately the Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal, by regulating the air and fuel flowing into your engine, controls the speed at which your car travels.
The Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal is located in the footwell of your car. It is the pedal on the right hand side next to the brake pedal.
When you press down on the Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal, this causes the throttle valve to open up, allowing more air to flow in. The engine control unit recognizes that the throttle valve is open and in turn regulates the amount of fuel entering the engine in readiness for the increased flow of air in the engine. In essence, when you press the Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal with your foot, this makes your car go faster.
In a worst case scenario, the accelerator pedal can malfunction and get stuck fast, but this is rare. Cee'd Kia accelerator pedals do wear down over time, however, and you will eventually need to buy a new part for your car. Symptoms of this will include a sticky accelerator pedal or one that is harder to press down with your foot. A faulty Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal can get sticky when the throttle valve it connects to, which lets the air into the engine, gets clogged up with waste carbon. Generally speaking, if the compression of your foot on the Cee'd Kia accelerator pedal is not a smooth and easy process then you should ask your mechanic if it needs a replacement.
- The vast majority of Kia cars are named after geographical terms. The Cerato is Greek for 'peak', and Sorento is an Italian city.
- The 2020 Kia Telluride SUV is the triple crown winner of the prestigious automotive awards, which includes the NACTOY Utility Vehicle of the Year, the MotorTrend SUV of the Year, and the Car & Driver 10Best. This is the first time that an SUV walked away with all three of the awards.
- The concept car shown off by Kia in 2019 was an EV with some unusual features. The dashboard, in particular, was a shock to many as it featured 21 screens, each the size of the average smartphone.
- Kia's presence in the European market has been stellar. In 2018 they sold an astonishing 494,304 cars, which meant a full decade of consecutive growth.
- Kia is currently part-owned by Hyundai, who owns just under 34% of the company. Lots of people think that the two companies are rivals!