Find parts for your car
Used Kia Cee'd Screen Washer Motor
All used Kia Cee'd Screen Washer Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Kia Cee'd are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer Motor
The screenwasher motor is an electrical mechanism that activates a pump which will cause screenwash to be fed to the screenwash jets situated just below the windscreen. In most cases the screenwash motor and pump are enclosed in one unit that is situated with the screenwash reservoir in the engine compartment. Occasionally the motor and pump are two separate units. The screenwash motor is activated by a stick-lever usually found on the steering column.
If the motor fails to operate this could be due to a blown fuse, a poor earth return or corrosion to the terminals, or the motor itself is faulty. If the motor needs replacing it is advisable to also fit a new non-return valve and filter in the reservoir. If the motor is operating properly but no screenwash appears from the screenwash jets it’s possible that there is a blockage or debris in the filter of the pump or in the jet nozzles. To check whether the pump is operating it’s normal to hear a whirring noise from the reservoir area when the stick-lever is pushed. This should mean both motor and pump are working correctly.
If replacing a broken motor with one that is not an exact replica it may be possible to bypass the old motor and fit the replacement with a new mounting.
- The vast majority of Kia cars are named after geographical terms. The Cerato is Greek for 'peak', and Sorento is an Italian city.
- One of the reasons for Kia's success in Europe is their intense sponsorship of both the FIFA World Cup and the UEFA Championship.
- Kia cars are famous for being reliable. They have the lowest recall rate after Porsche and Mercedes Benz, and the fact that they are considerably cheaper than both has led to Kia cars being called the most reliable mass-market vehicle in the world.
- It wasn't until 1974 that Kia produced their first car. Before that, they focused on bicycles and motorbikes. By 1998, they had produced their one-millionth car! Kia were the company that produced South Korea's first-ever bicycle, first-ever motorbike, and first-ever domestic truck.
- A deal with 20th Century Fox saw Kia build special editions of the Kia Sportage and Sorento. The tie-in was with the X-Men: Apocalypse movie, and while the Sportage resembles the shape-shifting character of Mystique, the Sorento looked incredible with it's Wolverine inspired claws.