Used Kia Fuel Cap Locks
All used Kia Fuel Cap Locks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Kia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Cap Locks
Part of your car's security system, the Kia fuel cap lock enables you to lock the fuel cap on your vehicle.
The Kia fuel cap is a small cap that covers the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel cap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the fuel tank. The Kia fuel cap lock provides peace of mind when leaving your car parked unattended, restricting access to the fuel cap.
Usually made of plastic, fuel caps usually just clip or press into place over the opening. The fuel cap can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing. The Kia fuel cap lock ensures that the fuel cap cannot be removed without the use of the designated key, helping to secure the fuel tank and therefore the fuel inside it. The Kia fuel cap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the fuel filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Kia fuel cap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel. Having a lock on your fuel cap ensures the fuel cap stays locked tight, enabling the fuel cap to do its job properly.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage, caused by rust, for example, or loss of the key which opens the lock on the fuel cap. Purchasing a Kia fuel cap lock will ensure the part fits perfectly with the Kia fuel cap and the make and model of your vehicle.
- Kia doesn't quite have a production facility on every continent (they don't have one in Australia), but they are present in 190 countries and have over 5000 dealerships.
- The first major commercial hit for Kia was The Pride. Not many people know that the design of the car was based on the Ford Festiva, with a few slight changes that made it easier for South Korea's drivers to get used to.
- The vast majority of Kia cars are named after geographical terms. The Cerato is Greek for 'peak', and Sorento is an Italian city.
- The concept car shown off by Kia in 2019 was an EV with some unusual features. The dashboard, in particular, was a shock to many as it featured 21 screens, each the size of the average smartphone.
- The 2020 Kia Telluride SUV is the triple crown winner of the prestigious automotive awards, which includes the NACTOY Utility Vehicle of the Year, the MotorTrend SUV of the Year, and the Car & Driver 10Best. This is the first time that an SUV walked away with all three of the awards.