Used Kia Quarter Panels
All used Kia Quarter Panels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Kia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Quarter Panels
The Kia quarter panel is part of the car body which frames the wheels.
This part is the streamlined panel which covers the rear wheel arch, joining the rear door and reaching to the boot and rear bumper of the car.
The quarter panel on the side is usually welded on to the frame of the car, forming an integral part of the car body and the shape of the vehicle. It's contoured to add to the overall aerodynamics of the car. The Kia quarter panel functions to protect the vehicle, passengers and driver inside the car, forming part of the car body. It helps to stop debris, such as mud, stones, water and sticks, as it's scattered about by the moving wheels of the car. The petrol flap/fuel cap can be found on the quarter panels on either side of the car.
Quarter panels are usually made of metal, fibre-reinforced plastic or fibre glass making them strong, rigid and durable but in the course of a lifetime may be subject to dents and marks and can easily be damaged in a collision. Over time the Kia quarter panel may need replacing due to corrosion and rust. Quarter panels are made for a particular car make and model, so purchasing a replacement Kia quarter panel will ensure a compatible part that will fit the make and model of your car.
- One of the reasons for Kia's success in Europe is their intense sponsorship of both the FIFA World Cup and the UEFA Championship.
- Kia has been responsible for several famous adverts, but the most well-known one was for the 2010 Superbowl. The Kia Soul advert featured animated hamsters trying to run on hamster wheels. The ad was so successful that it won the Automotive Ad of the Year.
- The largest car assembly plant in the world is owned by Kia. It is based in Ulsan, South Korea.
- It wasn't until 1974 that Kia produced their first car. Before that, they focused on bicycles and motorbikes. By 1998, they had produced their one-millionth car! Kia were the company that produced South Korea's first-ever bicycle, first-ever motorbike, and first-ever domestic truck.
- Kia doesn't quite have a production facility on every continent (they don't have one in Australia), but they are present in 190 countries and have over 5000 dealerships.