Find parts for your car
Used Kia Roof Hard Tops
All used Kia Roof Hard Tops listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Kia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Roof Hard Tops
Although most modern motor cars have a Kiahard top roof, when the automobile was first developed, they were open. The hard top car was only introduced around the time of the First World War. Many of the Kiahard top roofs were detachable in the early years, being connected to the car by being bolted onto the body.
Over the years, as fully closed bodies became the most popular choice, the central roof support post was removed to give the car a more open aspect and permanently attached Kiahard top roof cars became the norm.
Although the vast majority of Kiahard top roofs are permanently attached, there are still some makers that produce removable hard tops and, of course, there is a range of convertible cars where the Kiahard top roof is retractable. When required, the roof of the car is retracted into the vehicle’s boot.
For those who do not want a convertible car but would like the benefit of fresh air and sunshine, a useful compromise is a sun roof. A sun roof can also be retractable and is cut into the vehicle’s roof to offer some of the benefits of a convertible Kiahard top roof without the additional expense and maintenance associated with a hard top convertible.
- One of the reasons for Kia's success in Europe is their intense sponsorship of both the FIFA World Cup and the UEFA Championship.
- Kia has been responsible for several famous adverts, but the most well-known one was for the 2010 Superbowl. The Kia Soul advert featured animated hamsters trying to run on hamster wheels. The ad was so successful that it won the Automotive Ad of the Year.
- The largest car assembly plant in the world is owned by Kia. It is based in Ulsan, South Korea.
- A deal with 20th Century Fox saw Kia build special editions of the Kia Sportage and Sorento. The tie-in was with the X-Men: Apocalypse movie, and while the Sportage resembles the shape-shifting character of Mystique, the Sorento looked incredible with it's Wolverine inspired claws.
- The 2020 Kia Telluride SUV is the triple crown winner of the prestigious automotive awards, which includes the NACTOY Utility Vehicle of the Year, the MotorTrend SUV of the Year, and the Car & Driver 10Best. This is the first time that an SUV walked away with all three of the awards.