Used Kia Starter solenoids
All used Kia Starter solenoids listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Kia are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter solenoids
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start. The starter motor relay acts as an ON/OFF voltage control switch, allowing an electric current to flow from the battery to the starter motor. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a starter solenoid switch to the motor.
The starter motor relay will be housed in the relay box, usually found underneath the dashboard. The relay connects to the car's battery, as well as connecting to the specific part that the relay is functioning, in this case the starter motor, via a Kia starter solenoid.
The starter motor relay is made up of a coiled wire which is attached to a strong magnetic base, such as iron, which generates a magnetic field when the electric current flows through it, which either opens or closes the starter solenoid/connection which starts or stops the current to the motor.
Faults can occur with the electrical contacts, relay coil and wiring. The connections can overheat and corrode. Moisture can also seep inside the relay which can compromise the proper functioning of the starter solenoid. It's important when replacing the starter solenoid to buy a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle. Buying the Kia starter solenoid will guarantee you get the right component that's designed specifically for the make and model of your car.
- Kia's presence in the European market has been stellar. In 2018 they sold an astonishing 494,304 cars, which meant a full decade of consecutive growth.
- It wasn't until 1974 that Kia produced their first car. Before that, they focused on bicycles and motorbikes. By 1998, they had produced their one-millionth car! Kia were the company that produced South Korea's first-ever bicycle, first-ever motorbike, and first-ever domestic truck.
- A deal with 20th Century Fox saw Kia build special editions of the Kia Sportage and Sorento. The tie-in was with the X-Men: Apocalypse movie, and while the Sportage resembles the shape-shifting character of Mystique, the Sorento looked incredible with it's Wolverine inspired claws.
- Kia doesn't quite have a production facility on every continent (they don't have one in Australia), but they are present in 190 countries and have over 5000 dealerships.
- The first major commercial hit for Kia was The Pride. Not many people know that the design of the car was based on the Ford Festiva, with a few slight changes that made it easier for South Korea's drivers to get used to.