Used Land Rover Airbags
All used Land Rover Airbags listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
One of the most crucial parts of the car's safety system are the airbags. An airbag can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Land Rover airbag is located in the hub of the steering wheel, to protect the driver in a frontal and rollover crash.
The Land Rover airbag reacts upon impact by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car protecting the driver by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Land Rover airbag needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that your car's airbag system is fully functional and in good working order as the Land Rover airbag must be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The driver need to be seated in the driving position and wearing a seatbelt for the Land Rover airbag to work properly upon impact and to avoid receiving injury from airbag inflation.
If there is damage or a fault with the Land Rover airbag the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Land Rover airbag inflates you will need to replace it with a new Land Rover airbag as airbags cannot be reused.
Land Rover trivia
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- The Range Rover designer hated what he had made. Charles Spencer "Spen" King CBE, was focused solely on designing a large V8 engine, and then just drew a box around it to show where the engine would sit. It annoyed him for the rest of his life, and he insisted that he'd only put 0.1% of development time on the car shape. He also hated that they would be used for anything other than farming, saying, "...to use them in the school run, or even in towns and cities at all, is completely stupid."
- One of the most unique vehicles ever was the floating SUV designed and built by Land Rover. Unfortunately, the Floating Ninety Defender led many drivers to believe that their own Land Rovers could also float, and many cars were driven into lakes as a result.
- Land Rover was the two-decade standout winner of the Camel Trophy, a gruelling off-road challenge that sees vehicles compete in Siberia, the Sahara, Australia, and other hostile terrains.