Used Land Rover Wings
All used Land Rover Wings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
There are areas of the road behind the car and to the sides which are out of the driver's peripheral vision which require a clear and unobstructed view of the road behind in order to drive safely. The Land Rover wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots' enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards. The wing mirror is an important visual aid and safety feature.
Wing mirrors can be either manual or electric and are usually mounted in the door pillar on the driver side and passenger side doors.Both manual and electric wing mirrors can be adjusted vertically, horizontally, and diagonally to the suit the height, line of sight, and seat position of the driver.
Electric and manual wing mirrors can be folded in close to the car to avoid damage when parked.
Broken, smashed and chipped mirrors will, of course, need replacing. Naturally over a period of general use, manual and electric wing mirrors will suffer from general wear and need replacing with one that is compatible with the model and make of your car.
Land Rover trivia
- According to the film, Judge Dredd (1995), Land Rover will be the last ever car manufacturer in the world. The car company had a heavy presence in the film, and you can still see some film versions of the car driving around the UK.
- The Range Rover designer hated what he had made. Charles Spencer "Spen" King CBE, was focused solely on designing a large V8 engine, and then just drew a box around it to show where the engine would sit. It annoyed him for the rest of his life, and he insisted that he'd only put 0.1% of development time on the car shape. He also hated that they would be used for anything other than farming, saying, "...to use them in the school run, or even in towns and cities at all, is completely stupid."
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- Land Rover was the two-decade standout winner of the Camel Trophy, a gruelling off-road challenge that sees vehicles compete in Siberia, the Sahara, Australia, and other hostile terrains.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.