Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Brake Calipers
All used Land Rover Brake Calipers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Brake Calipers
On vehicles with rear disc brakes, the rear Brake Caliper is a unit which straddles the brake disc. This unit houses the brake pads, the piston that pushes the two pads onto the disc and on vehicles which use the pads for handbraking, the cable and pushrod mechanism for the handbrake. On some vehicles with rear disc brakes the handbrake has a separate drum, in the centre of the disc, with brake shoes.
The Land Rover Brake Caliper Driverside Rear is positioned behind the wheel and straddles the brake disc,
When the foot brake is pressed the hydraulic system forces the fluid into the cylinder in the caliper which pushes the piston, which in turn pushes the brake pads onto the brake disc.Vehicles using the pads for the handbrake have a cable attached to the caliper which operates a pushrod inside the piston.
As the Land Rover Brake Caliper Driverside Rear houses the cylinder for the piston that pushes the pad onto the brake disc it may be that the cylinder has been damaged causing leakage of hydraulic brake fluid or the seizing of the piston.
Land Rover trivia
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- Inspired by the Jeeps that had been used in WWII, the first Land Rover's steering wheel was in the middle of the dashboard. This was partly to counter the need to create left and right-hand drive models for different countries.
- The designer Charles S. King worked with Rolls Royce to design jet engines before going on to build the Range Rover. King would go onto building a car around those jet engines that then held the world land speed record, the first turbine-powered vehicle to do so.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.