Used Land Rover Door Hingess
All used Land Rover Door Hingess listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Hingess
A standard car door usually opens outwards and is normally mounted to the frame of the car with hinges, which are fixed to the car with either bolts or pins.
The Land Rover door hinges attach to the top and bottom of the car door and function to enable the door to be mounted to the car and the door to be opened and closed easily with the hinged mechanism.
The Land Rover door hinges enable the car door to be joined to the car, while the movable mechanism of the door hinge allows the door to swing open and closed. A hinge will have a great deal of stress and strain put on to it so it needs to be strong and durable. Door hinges are usually made of stainless steel because this metal does a good job at withstanding rust. There are many different types of hinges, but the hinges used in doors are usually made up of two sheets of shaped metal with holes for the bolts or pins, joined together by a barrell which is secured by a pivot, which enables the movement, allowing the door to be opened or closed.
The hinge mechanism can wear out over time, and parts such as the pins or bolts can stop functioning properly due to old age or corrosion, making it difficult to open or close the door with ease. Misaligned or loose hinges can lead to the door moving from it's proper position, which can cause it to bounce back when you try to shut it, requiring you to lift the door up in order to close it. When you need to replace the hinges on your car doors, buying a set of Land Rover door hinges will ensure you get the right part for the make and model of your car.
Land Rover trivia
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.