Used Land Rover Door Mirror Casing Covers
All used Land Rover Door Mirror Casing Covers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Mirror Casing Covers
The Land Rover Door Mirror Casing Cover is a plastic housing/cover for the door mirror.
Attached around the door mirror unit, just in front of the leading edge of the door window, its function is to protect the mirror unit, but it also has an aesthetic and aerodynamic purpose.
The covers are, most commonly, black plastic but may be matched to the car body colour.
As the Land Rover Door Wing Mirror protrudes from the side of the vehicle it is prone to collision with oncoming vehicles and although the Door Mirror unit is retractable, the cover is liable to breakage. This is the most common reason for replacement.
Land Rover trivia
- Land Rover was the two-decade standout winner of the Camel Trophy, a gruelling off-road challenge that sees vehicles compete in Siberia, the Sahara, Australia, and other hostile terrains.
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!
- In the 1950s, you could buy yourself a Land Rover with tank tracks instead of wheels. Known as the Cuthbertson Version, it was intended for use by farmers and was tested by driving across the Scottish Highlands.
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.