Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Engines Bare
All used Land Rover Engines Bare listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Engines Bare
The Land Rover bare engine is the power machine of your car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, known as an internal combustion engine. When you buy a replacement Land Rover bare engine you are buying an engine that is basically just a crankcase and cylinder head, not a complete full engine, which is why this is commonly referred to as a short block engine. This means you will be buying the case of the engine which houses the cylinders and components but does not include these parts.
The Land Rover bare engine is built to be strong and solid. Usually made of steel, cast iron or aluminum, it is the crux of your car and needs to be in good condition and maintained well to do its job properly.
There are different types of engines so it is a good idea to make sure you know which type of engine you would like to buy. It is important to make sure that the type of bare engine you purchase is compatible with your car. Straight engines are a common type of engine and are lighter and more compact than other types of engine. Run with four cylinders which are all set in a straight line, this type of engine is usually the most economical to run and are generally cheaper to make than other types of engine. Another common engine type is a V Type engine. The V Type engine is usually used in high performance cars, such as racing cars offering high speed performance when needed. The length of the engine is shorter in a V Type and the cylinders are arranged at 90 degree angles from each other, differing to the straight cylinder arrangement in the straight engine. A boxer engine is usually fitted in the rear of the car, unlike most engines which are usually found under the bonnet. The boxer engine has two cylinder heads at opposite ends of the crankshaft. The boxer style engine has a low center of gravity so is stable and solid, and runs smoothly when the car is idling, but it is a lot wider than other engine types so can be tricky to fit into some small cars and also has a tendency to be noisier than other engine types. A diesel engine is different to other engine types in that it runs on diesel instead of petrol. Another major difference is a diesel engine doesn't need spark plugs because ignition of the engine happens by the fuel and air being compressed before it reaches the combustion chamber. A diesel engine is more fuel efficient than a petrol engine and tends to last much longer than other engine types.
You may need to replace your Land Rover bare engine because your old engine has broken or maybe you are undertaking a project and wish to build a new engine or wanting a Land Rover bare engine that performs better and is more fuel efficient. It is important to search for the right make, model and year of your car, as well as the type of engine that you require, to get the right Land Rover bare engine for your car. If your engine needs replacing there are a number of things that could have gone wrong. It is often a cheaper option to replace your engine with a Land Rover bare engine and use salvageable parts from the broken engine. You will have the option to buy a new bare engine or a used bare engine that has been salvaged and rebuilt from a car that has been in an accident or just an old car that is no longer on the road.
Land Rover trivia
- The designer Charles S. King worked with Rolls Royce to design jet engines before going on to build the Range Rover. King would go onto building a car around those jet engines that then held the world land speed record, the first turbine-powered vehicle to do so.
- One of the most unique vehicles ever was the floating SUV designed and built by Land Rover. Unfortunately, the Floating Ninety Defender led many drivers to believe that their own Land Rovers could also float, and many cars were driven into lakes as a result.
- Inspired by the Jeeps that had been used in WWII, the first Land Rover's steering wheel was in the middle of the dashboard. This was partly to counter the need to create left and right-hand drive models for different countries.
- Most cars get an immediate redesign after the prototype is designed. Not with the Range Rover, however! The 1966 design was considered perfect as it was, which never happens in the automotive industry. The Range Rover is considered a work of art, and one of them is even on display in the Louvre.
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.