Used Land Rover Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
All used Land Rover Exhaust Manifold Gaskets listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
The Land Rover exhaust manifold is a cast, branched tubular alloy unit, which is attached to the cylinder head, the shape corresponds with the position of the exhaust valves in the head. The exhaust emissions from the engine pass through the manifold which connects to the exhaust pipe system. As the exhaust valves open within the head/s of the cylinder the fumes are forced into the manifold and into the exhaust system.
The Land Rover exhaust manifold gasket, usually made of rubber or cork, functions to firmly seal the exhaust manifold to the cylinder head.
On a V configured engine there will be two cylinder heads and therefore two exhaust manifolds which are bolted to the side of the heads. Sandwiched between the cylinder head, providing a secure seal between the cylinder head and the exhaust manifold is the Land Rover exhaust manifold gasket .
The reason for changing the Land Rover exhaust manifold is usually due to leakage through a hole or crack caused by heat and corrosion. A new sealing gasket is required for replacement of the manifold. The exhaust manifold gasket can wear over time and will eventually need replacing. Shrunken, cracked or rotten exhaust manifold gaskets should be replaced as soon as possible.
Land Rover trivia
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!
- Most cars get an immediate redesign after the prototype is designed. Not with the Range Rover, however! The 1966 design was considered perfect as it was, which never happens in the automotive industry. The Range Rover is considered a work of art, and one of them is even on display in the Louvre.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.