Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Fog Light Relays
All used Land Rover Fog Light Relays listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fog Light Relays
The Land Rover fog light relay is a remote electrically operated switch and is used in some vehicles wiring to minimise the voltage loss from the battery to the fog lights. In basic fog light wiring systems, the power will travel from the battery to the fog light switch and then to the fog light. When a model> fog light relay is fitted, the voltage foes from the battery to the relay and then directly to the fog light. Because the power has a shorter distance to go, the voltage loss is smaller meaning that the fog lights perform better and put out more light.
The fog light relay is also used to protect the switch from overheating from high amperage, and can offer more flexibility to your circuit. This can mean that you can operate the lights to only come on when other conditions are met such as only lighting when low beams are on.
Relays can fail because of oxidisation, or due to a faulty connection in the relay socket or overheating. If the Land Rover fog light relay shows signs of failure your fog lights may become dim. This can eventually lead to fog light failure.
Land Rover trivia
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- The Range Rover designer hated what he had made. Charles Spencer "Spen" King CBE, was focused solely on designing a large V8 engine, and then just drew a box around it to show where the engine would sit. It annoyed him for the rest of his life, and he insisted that he'd only put 0.1% of development time on the car shape. He also hated that they would be used for anything other than farming, saying, "...to use them in the school run, or even in towns and cities at all, is completely stupid."
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!
- In the 1950s, you could buy yourself a Land Rover with tank tracks instead of wheels. Known as the Cuthbertson Version, it was intended for use by farmers and was tested by driving across the Scottish Highlands.