Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Freelander Carb Mountings
All used Land Rover Freelander Carb Mountings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Land Rover Freelander are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Carb Mountings
The Carburettor is mounted on Freelander Land Rover carb mountings which are designed to act as a sealant, holding the carb firmly in position and perfectly aligned. The carb mountings are usually a flange/plate used with circular rubber seals to create a soft, secure fix between the carb and the mount.
The Freelander Land Rover carb mountings function to strengthen the holding of the carb to the intake manifold and to keep it in the right position, as well as absorbing vibrations and noise from the engine.
The carb has the important job of ensuring the right amount of air and fuel mix is provided to the cylinders in the engine in order for combustion to take place and for the engine to perform at its best. The Carburettor is essentially a pipe through which the air needed for combustion travels. The carb narrows in the middle which causes the pressure in the air, as it flows through the carb, to drop at this point, creating a vacuum which sucks the fuel in. It works by using valves, referred to as the choke and throttle, which take in the right amount of air and fuel which is mixed in the carb before it is sent to the engine.
Carb mountings will wear over time and can become brittle and cracked. Warped carb mountings can lead to a vacuum leak. Replacing this part when it has failed with Freelander Land Rover carb mountings will ensure perfect compatibility, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
Land Rover Freelander trivia
- You know that you can trust the brakes in your Land Rover Freelander. That’s because they get tested in some of the harshest environments on earth, including the French Alps and Death Valley in the US.
- Jeremy Clarkson’s review of the Land Rover Freelander included the sentences “Driving this car is like lying in the bath. It’s brilliant.” So if you like taking a bath, then this could be the car for you!
- The Mk1 Land Rover Freelander quickly became the bestselling four-wheel drive in Europe. Over nine years, it sold over 540,000 units!
- When it comes to awards, the Land Rover Freelander has plenty under its belt. It won the Parkers’ New Car Awards in 2011 and was the winner of the BBC Top Gear’s SUV of the Year award. It’s also taken home the AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award, the What Diesel Magazine Car of the Year Awards’ Best 4x4, and is the winner of the Caravan Club’s Tow Car of the Year. And that’s just a few of the wins it has!
- The Land Rover Freelander is easily capable of towing loads much heavier than itself, and also has a luggage capacity of an incredible 546 litres.