Used Land Rover Freelander Screen Washer
All used Land Rover Freelander Screen Washer listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Land Rover Freelander are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer
What is the screen washer/what does it do?
Windscreen washers are a simple but effective way of cleaning the windscreen enabling the driver to have a clear view front and rear. They are compulsory on any car with a fixed (i.e. non-opening) windscreen. A windscreen washer motor drives a pump which forces water from a reservoir through a series of tubes leading to the washer jets which squirt water onto the screen. This water combined with the wiper blades action effectively washes and cleans the windscreen.
Getting into the details of the screen washer
The screen washer reservoir is usually found in the front engine compartment. It is most commonly a moulded plastic bottle which will serve both front and rear screens. The motor and pump sit with the bottle and are activated by the driver with a lever on the steering column. The washer jets, usually two per screen, are situated externally and below the screen. These can be angled by the driver to maximise efficient washing of the screen.
Although clean water will effectively clean the screen there are many brands of screen wash available which, when added to the screen wash reservoir, will aid the cleaning process.
What if something goes wrong with the screen washer?
Common faults are failure of the motor/pump (water does not leave the reservoir), leaks in the plastic tubing that connects the reservoir to the washer jets, or the jets themselves being blocked and therefore unable to squirt water onto the windscreen.
Land Rover Freelander trivia
- The second-generation Land Rover Freelander was unveiled at the London Motor Show 2006. This newer version was based on the Mondeo and the Ford S-Max.
- The Land Rover Freelander is easily capable of towing loads much heavier than itself, and also has a luggage capacity of an incredible 546 litres.
- Jeremy Clarkson’s review of the Land Rover Freelander included the sentences “Driving this car is like lying in the bath. It’s brilliant.” So if you like taking a bath, then this could be the car for you!
- While most people know the Land Rover Freelander so well because it’s one of the more popular police cars in the UK, it’s not just the British police that use them. Luxembourg and Italy both have police forces that use the Freelander.
- If you hold down the unlock button on your Land Rover Freelander’s remote key, you can unlock all of the doors at once and open all of the windows. If you press it again, the doors will all lock, and the windows will close.