Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Fuel Caps
All used Land Rover Fuel Caps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Caps
The Land Rover fuel cap is a small cap that covers the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel cap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the fuel tank.
Usually made of plastic, fuel caps usually just clip or press into place over the opening. The fuel cap can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing.
The Land Rover fuel cap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the fuel filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Land Rover fuel cap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage to or loss of the original fuel cap. Warped and badly fitting fuel caps won't function properly and will need to be replaced. Purchasing a Land Rover fuel cap will ensure the part fits perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle.
Land Rover trivia
- Land Rover was the two-decade standout winner of the Camel Trophy, a gruelling off-road challenge that sees vehicles compete in Siberia, the Sahara, Australia, and other hostile terrains.
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!