Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Spare Wheels
All used Land Rover Spare Wheels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Spare Wheels
The wheels are, of course, a crucial part of the car. Choosing the right wheels for a vehicle is important; they play a big part in how well the car handles on the road, affecting the performance and general efficiency of the car. Should you get a flat tyre or other wheel problems whilst driving, having a Land Rover spare wheel ready and waiting can be a life saver.
Usually made of steel, wheels are often made of alloy also, and are built to be strong and durable. The wheels have an important job in providing a housing, the structure in which the tyres fit.
The Land Rover spare wheel will usually be kept in the boot of the car, in the spare wheel well, concealed out of the way so as not to disrupt luggage space, enabling you to change a tyre when on the go should you need to, provided the spare wheel is kept with a tyre, fully inflated, and is in good working condition. The Land Rover spare wheel should be the same as the other wheels on the car as should the tyres, to provide optimum performance and safety while driving.
Once you have had to use the Land Rover spare wheel, you will need to replace it with another Land Rover spare wheel. It is a good idea to always have a spare wheel ready in your car to avoid being caught out. Wheels receive a lot of wear and tear on the roads and regular cleaning helps to increase their lifespan and look. When purchasing just a spare wheel for your car, ensure it matches the other wheels on your car, that it is the right size for both the tyre and the car (using the wrong size wheel and tyre can cause damage to the car) and that it is compatible with the make and model and year of your car.
Land Rover trivia
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- According to the film, Judge Dredd (1995), Land Rover will be the last ever car manufacturer in the world. The car company had a heavy presence in the film, and you can still see some film versions of the car driving around the UK.
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- The Range Rover designer hated what he had made. Charles Spencer "Spen" King CBE, was focused solely on designing a large V8 engine, and then just drew a box around it to show where the engine would sit. It annoyed him for the rest of his life, and he insisted that he'd only put 0.1% of development time on the car shape. He also hated that they would be used for anything other than farming, saying, "...to use them in the school run, or even in towns and cities at all, is completely stupid."
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.