Used Land Rover Steering Idlers
All used Land Rover Steering Idlers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Idlers
On a motor vehicle that has a conventional parallelogram steering linkage, the Land Roversteering idler is a vital component, providing pivotal support. It achieves this by supporting the end of the centre link of the steering gear on the passenger side of the vehicle. The Land Roversteering idler, which is alternatively referred to as the idler arm, is bolted to the frame or sub-frame of the vehicle. It is commonly attached between the opposite side of the centre link from the Pitman arm to the vehicle’s frame. From there, it holds the centre link at the appropriate height.
If the Land Roversteering idler is not performing its function properly, the vehicle is likely to wander around the road. It is also likely that excessive play will be felt in the steering wheel. There are alternative possible causes for these issues, including the operation of connected assemblies such as the tie rods and the Pitman arm, although steering idlers are generally more susceptible to wear and tear than Pitman arms because of the pivoting function that is built into them.
A Land Roversteering idler is relatively easy to fit and is not particularly expensive yet it is a critical component in the efficient operation of the steering linkage of a motor vehicle.
Land Rover trivia
- Land Rover was notorious for trying to find ways to avoid paying taxes and extended that to their customers too. They built the Defender 110 so that it could (just about) fit 12 people! Technically, that meant that they could class it as a bus, and owners didn't have to pay standard road tax.
- Most cars get an immediate redesign after the prototype is designed. Not with the Range Rover, however! The 1966 design was considered perfect as it was, which never happens in the automotive industry. The Range Rover is considered a work of art, and one of them is even on display in the Louvre.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.
- Land Rover was the two-decade standout winner of the Camel Trophy, a gruelling off-road challenge that sees vehicles compete in Siberia, the Sahara, Australia, and other hostile terrains.