Used Land Rover Throttle Body Housings
All used Land Rover Throttle Body Housings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Throttle Body Housings
The <Model> throttle body is a part of the engine's intake system which regulates the amount of air that is mixed with fuel for combustion. The Land Rover throttle body housing encases the throttle body. The engine needs oxygen from the air in order for combustion to work. It is imperative that the car's engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency. A car's air intake system consists of several vital components that work together to ensure the air entering the engine is a steady and uninterrupted flow of clean, filtered air, of exactly the right amount.
Located on top of the intake manifold, the Land Rover throttle body housing covers and protects the throttle body and is designed to assist with the flow of the air/fuel mixture. This part is usually manufactured from specialised plastic to be able to withstand high temperatures.
The throttle body houses a valve or flap known as the throttle plate which opens and closes to regulate airflow into the engine. This is controlled by movement of the accelerator pedal by the driver although may also have additional input from the engine control unit (ECU). The throttle body is located on the top of the engine between the airbox/air filter and inlet/intake manifold which are often connected together with rubber, silicone or metal tubing.
Problems can occur with the <Model> throttle body and housing due to a build of dirt or soot causing restrictions in the air flow or movement of the throttle plate. When you need to replace this part, buying a good quality Land Rover throttle body housing will give you a component specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
Land Rover trivia
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!
- Most cars get an immediate redesign after the prototype is designed. Not with the Range Rover, however! The 1966 design was considered perfect as it was, which never happens in the automotive industry. The Range Rover is considered a work of art, and one of them is even on display in the Louvre.
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.
- One of the most unique vehicles ever was the floating SUV designed and built by Land Rover. Unfortunately, the Floating Ninety Defender led many drivers to believe that their own Land Rovers could also float, and many cars were driven into lakes as a result.
- Land Rover made the 101 Forward Vehicle for the UK military. It was originally built to haul howitzer cannons! The vehicle is so high, in fact, that a step had to be built into the front wheel so that the driver could get into the cab.