Used Land Rover Van Doors
All used Land Rover Van Doors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Van Doors
The Land Rover van door rear driver side is used by the passengers sitting in the back seats of the van, to enter and exit the vehicle.
A standard rear van door usually opens outwards and is normally mounted to the frame of the car with hinges which are fixed to the car with either bolts or pins. Lots of van doors, however, are fitted with a sliding rear door, which provides an easy-access entrance. Sliding van doors are mounted and held in place on tracks, which enables the door to slide open or shut with ease. Sliding doors are particularly useful when the vehicle is parked in a small space, because space is not needed to swing the door open, as with standard van doors that work with a hinged mechanism. Sliding doors also make loading a vehicle with luggage much easier as there is no obstruction with a sliding door; it simply slides open and out of the way, disappearing into the bodywork of the vehicle. The type, style and design of van door is make and model specific, so buying a Land Rover van door rear driverside will guarantee you get the right van door for your vehicle.
The rear van door on the driverside can fitted with a section of glass, which makes up the car window, but this will be dependent on the make and model of the vehicle.
Most manufacturers of modern vans favour aluminum for parts such as doors, because it's strong durable and rustproof while also being lightweight. Van doors can be made of steel and strong plastics too. The interior of a van door, referred to as the interior door panel, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover, lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl, to blend with the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the interior door panel can house controls such as electric window controls, or winder mechanism, and the locking mechanism for the door.
Whether the model> rear van door driverside has been damaged, not working properly, needs replacing due to rust or general wear and tear or you are simply renovating your van, it's important when replacing the driver side rear van door that you purchase a Land Rover rear van door driverside that's compatible with the make, model and year of your van so that it not only fits your vehicle correctly but also blends in with the design and appearance of your van. It's important that you buy the right replacement door, so if it's the driver's side rear van door that needs replacing, it's imperative that you purchase a Land Rover van rear door intended to fit the driver side.
Land Rover trivia
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- In the 1950s, you could buy yourself a Land Rover with tank tracks instead of wheels. Known as the Cuthbertson Version, it was intended for use by farmers and was tested by driving across the Scottish Highlands.
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- Most cars get an immediate redesign after the prototype is designed. Not with the Range Rover, however! The 1966 design was considered perfect as it was, which never happens in the automotive industry. The Range Rover is considered a work of art, and one of them is even on display in the Louvre.
- Land Rover was notorious for trying to find ways to avoid paying taxes and extended that to their customers too. They built the Defender 110 so that it could (just about) fit 12 people! Technically, that meant that they could class it as a bus, and owners didn't have to pay standard road tax.