Find parts for your car
Used Land Rover Water Pumps
All used Land Rover Water Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Water Pumps
The main function of the cooling system is to keep the engine cool and stop it from overheating. Coolant, a combination of water and anti-freeze is responsible for helping to make sure the engine doesn't overheat. The cooling system does its job by allowing liquid coolant to move through the engine. The liquid absorbs the heat from the engine which in turn cools the engine down. Part of the car's cooling system, the Land Rover water pump functions to pump water and liquid coolant around the cooling system in an internal combustion engine. Its purpose is to keep the system running at the correct temperature for optimum engine performance and efficiency, preventing overheating of the engine.
Situated in the engine compartment, and sealed so as to the block with a water pump gasket, to prevent leaks, the Land Rover water pump is driven by the drive belt/cam belt which is connected to the engine's crankshaft.
The water pump, usually a box manufactured from either iron or aluminium, pumps liquid and circulates it throughout the system whenever the engine is in operation. The liquid being pumped out of the pump travels through the engine into the cylinder head, where it continues into the radiator and ends up back at the pump and the cycle is repeated. The correct amount of coolant needs to be present, and the right amount of coolant flowing through the radiator at all times that the car is in motion. If the coolant levels are too low this can have fatal results for the cooling system and subsequently the engine. The water pump plays an important role in enabling the engine to function as efficiently as possible and to perform at its best.
If the water pump fails, this will lead to the engine overheating because the liquid coolant is unable to circulate through the system. There are many problems that can arise with your car's cooling system so it is advisable to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Land Rover water pump is the ideal choice when you need to replace this part.
Land Rover trivia
- Land Rovers and James Bond go hand in hand. The 4x4 Land Rover has been in more Bond films than there have been Bond actors! In Spectre, the Defender SVX was customised with 37-inch tyres and more power.
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!
- Most cars get an immediate redesign after the prototype is designed. Not with the Range Rover, however! The 1966 design was considered perfect as it was, which never happens in the automotive industry. The Range Rover is considered a work of art, and one of them is even on display in the Louvre.
- The designer Charles S. King worked with Rolls Royce to design jet engines before going on to build the Range Rover. King would go onto building a car around those jet engines that then held the world land speed record, the first turbine-powered vehicle to do so.