Used Land Rover Wing Mirror Electric Switchs
All used Land Rover Wing Mirror Electric Switchs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wing Mirror Electric Switchs
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. An electric wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots' enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
Electric wing mirrors are usually mounted in the door pillars on both the driver and passenger side door. Electric wing mirrors can be adjusted electronically to move vertically, horizontally and diagonally from inside the car by using the Land Rover electric wing mirror switch. Located within easy reach of the driver, usually on the dashboard or steering column, using the Land Rover electric wing mirror switch, the driver can adjust the wing mirrors to suit height, line of sight and seat position. The electric wing mirror switch uses power from the car's battery to work, which provides the car with direct current.
An option on some electric windows is a memory feature which remembers the individual wing mirror settings for each driver of the car and can be programmed to recall them. Some electric wing mirrors also heat the glass on the mirror to aid visibility, stopping the mirror from icing in freezing conditions or clouding up in heavy rain. There is also an automatic dimming feature available on some electric models which reduces the glare in the wing mirror from cars traveling behind. The Land Rover electric wing mirror switch can be used to control whichever options are available.
If the wing mirror adjustment is not working, it could be a problem with the electric wing mirror switch. Car electrical switches will slowly wear out over time and will last only a certain number of years before they will need replacing. By purchasing a Land Rover electric wing mirror switch you can be sure it will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
Land Rover trivia
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- One of the most unique vehicles ever was the floating SUV designed and built by Land Rover. Unfortunately, the Floating Ninety Defender led many drivers to believe that their own Land Rovers could also float, and many cars were driven into lakes as a result.
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.
- Land Rover was the two-decade standout winner of the Camel Trophy, a gruelling off-road challenge that sees vehicles compete in Siberia, the Sahara, Australia, and other hostile terrains.
- Although the first Land Rover was designed in 1947 (by Maurice Wilks), the company wasn't actually founded until 1978!