Used Land Rover Wing Mirror Glass Manuals
All used Land Rover Wing Mirror Glass Manuals listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Land Rover are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wing Mirror Glass Manuals
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. A wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots', allowing clear vision of any traffic or pedestrians nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
The Land Rover manual wing mirror can be adjusted by hand to move vertically, horizontally and diagonally. It can be adjusted to suit the height, line of sight and seat position of the driver. The Land Rover manual wing mirror can be folded in close to the car to avoid damage to both the casing and the Land Rover manual wing mirror glass.
An important component of a wing mirror is the wing mirror glass. Wing mirror glass comes in a variety of options, such as plain glass, convex or tinted glass. Plain glass has a flat surface which enables the wing mirror to reflect light from an object without the image being distorted, so it provides a true reflection of the distance between the car and the object being viewed. Convex glass has a curved surface and is often chosen by drivers as wing mirror glass because it broadens the driver's field of vision, but it doesn't provide a true reflection of the distance between the car and the object being viewed in the way that plain glass does, so this should be taken into account if using convex glass in wing mirrors. The Land Rover manual wing mirror, is usually mounted in the door pillar on the door and is comprised of a casing which holds the Land Rover manual wing mirror glass in place. Wing mirror glass is usually fixed to a backing plate or stuck to the mirror casing with strong adhesive pads or glue. The Land Rover manual wing mirror glass should be clean and free from scratches, chips and cracks, to enable clear, safe vision. Wing mirrors, and therefore wing mirror glass, come in different shapes and sizes so it is important to ensure the wing mirror glass fits the wing mirror when replacing the wing mirror glass.
If the wing mirror glass get smashed, cracked or chipped, the Land Rover manual wing mirror glass will, of course, need replacing. If it's just the glass that is damaged you won't need to replace the whole wing mirror and can replace just the glass. It is important that you consider the make and model of your car when replacing the Land Rover manual wing mirror glass, to ensure the replacement is compatible with your car.
Land Rover trivia
- When the Pope was visiting the UK in 1984, Land Rover designed him a customised Popemobile to use in the country.
- The Queen loves Land Rovers and is reported to have owned as many as 30 different models in her life. It was in a Land Rover Defender that her majesty terrified the then Crown Prince Abdullah with her wild driving skills.
- The designer Charles S. King worked with Rolls Royce to design jet engines before going on to build the Range Rover. King would go onto building a car around those jet engines that then held the world land speed record, the first turbine-powered vehicle to do so.
- The Range Rover designer hated what he had made. Charles Spencer "Spen" King CBE, was focused solely on designing a large V8 engine, and then just drew a box around it to show where the engine would sit. It annoyed him for the rest of his life, and he insisted that he'd only put 0.1% of development time on the car shape. He also hated that they would be used for anything other than farming, saying, "...to use them in the school run, or even in towns and cities at all, is completely stupid."
- In 2012, Land Rover hired Posh Spice as their temporary creative director. Victoria Beckham was the key to the design of the Evoque Special edition. It came with a hand-finished matte paint job, mohair floor mats, and a matching four-piece luggage set.