Find parts for your car
Used Lexus ABS Modulators
All used Lexus ABS Modulators listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ABS Modulators
The Lexus ABS modulator is an air valve which controls the air pressure that streams into the brake chambers.
Located close to the engine, near the fuel filter, the Lexus ABS modulator is part of your car's hydraulic pump assembly.
The Lexus ABS modulator is sent messages from the ABS Control Unit ECU, when a wheel is likely to lock and skid, and it adjusts the air pressure in the brake chamber to stop this from happening. Basically, the Lexus ABS modulator, along with the ABS Control Unit ECU and pump, allows you to maintain control and brake safely and smoothly by regulating the air pressure in the wheel brakes.
If there is a fault with your Lexus ABS modulator the warning light will show on the display panel, perhaps having shown intermittently before, and the system will disable itself. The Check Engine Light may also show on the display and your speedometer could stop working. A faulty ABS modulator may affect braking when driving slowly.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.
- Although Mexico is a huge market, Lexus doesn't have a single dealership there. While Lexus has a presence in over 90 countries, they are conspicuously absent from the 13th largest car market on the planet!
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.