Used Lexus Axles
All used Lexus Axles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The term axle is loosely used to describe the shaft or two half shafts connected to transverse wheels. It can be a load bearing shaft or a shaft that drives the wheels on a Lexus.
On a rear wheel drive vehicle, the power to the wheels comes from a propeller shaft which runs under the centre of the vehicle, front to back, from the gearbox to the differential drive which is located centrally between the two rear wheels. The differential is a set of cogs which turns the drive rotation ninety degrees to each back wheel. The Differential, through the clever design and setup of the cogs, allows the rear wheels to rotate at different speeds necessary when the vehicle is turning. The term rear axle can refer to the complete set of two half shafts or half axles and the differential.
On front wheel drive vehicles there are two half shaft/axles connected from a differential usually combined in the gearbox via constant velocity joints which allow the front wheels to rotate for steering the vehicle while under torque from the rotating shaft/axle. These CV joints are usually encased in a rubber sleeve containing lubricant grease. The rear wheels of the front wheel drive vehicle have stub axles which are usually short and part of an independent suspension system on each rear wheel.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!