Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Axle Assemblys
All used Lexus Axle Assemblys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Axle Assemblys
The Lexus axle assembly is used in front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles. It connects on one side to the transmission and to the wheels via the CV joint. Its job is to transfer torque from the transmission to the wheels and connects the two front wheels of the vehicle, allowing them to move and rotate freely. Sometimes the Lexus axle assembly also allows the wheels to move independently of each other. As a bare minimum a basic Lexus axle assembly will comprise of an axle, axle housing and bearings. Some however, are more complex and include the suspension and steering systems.
Damage to the Lexus axle assembly tends to be more common in off-road vehicles and may be indicated by a grinding noise when changing gears. It’s also worth noting that the Lexus axle assembly can be damaged if its connecting CV joint is worn. To keep the joint in good condition, it’s important to ensure that the protective rubber CV boot isn’t damaged. This contains grease which lubricates the CV joint. If it becomes damaged, this grease can become contaminated with grit and cause friction to the joint.
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus spent a reported £1billion on developing the first generation LS. Reportedly, 1400 engineers were recruited, 2300 technicians worked on the car, and 450 prototypes were built.