Used Lexus Bell Housings
All used Lexus Bell Housings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bell Housings
The Lexus bell housing is a bell-shaped aluminium part of the transmission and covers the flywheel and the clutch. It is bolted to the engine, near the starter motor, and its function is to connect the electric motor to a hydraulic pump. Some Lexus bell housings are made specifically for competition and have quick release bolts to allow the gearbox to be detached quickly without needing to remove from the engine.
If fitting a new Lexus bell housing, it’s important to ensure that it’s properly fitted and not misaligned. A misaligned Lexus bell housing can cause friction which can cause failure of the driveshaft, pressure plate or clutch which can all result in terminal damage to the vehicle’s transmission. Sometimes misalignment can be caused by the engine block that the Lexus bell housing is attached to and it may be necessary to replace the engine block.
Signs of a damaged or misaligned Lexus bell housing can be noticed through a grinding noise when the clutch is applied which is caused by the friction between the Lexus bell housing and the parts surrounding it. Friction can also cause the vehicle to drive slower than expected.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.