Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Bonnet Insulations
All used Lexus Bonnet Insulations listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bonnet Insulations
The bonnet is a crucial part of the car body, for beneath it is housed some of the most important components a car needs in order to run. In most cars the bonnet is the hinged cover that protects and allows access to the engine compartment.
Often made of steel, bonnets are also made of aluminium, fibreglass, dry carbon and carbon fibre. The bonnet is fixed to the frame at the front of the car and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards. A bonnet is made up of an outer panel which is designed to be smooth and streamlined, assisting with the aerodynamics of the vehicle, contoured to match the shape of the car, and an inner panel which is strong and offers protection to the engine beneath.
Many car owners choose to fit bonnet insulation in their vehicle. Lexus bonnet insulation primarily helps to reduce the noise produced by the engine. Bonnet insulation absorbs both noise from the engine and the road before it reaches the inside of the car. Bonnet insulation comprises of foam rubber which has aluminised polyester or a woven material, such as felt, on one side and an adhesive tape on the other side to apply it to the bonnet. The Lexus bonnet insulation is mounted on the underside of the bonnet and produces a significant reduction in noise levels.
Worn out, mouldy or damaged bonnet insulation should be replaced with Lexus bonnet insulation that will be compatible with the make and model of car bonnet.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!