Used Lexus Bonnet Pull Cables
All used Lexus Bonnet Pull Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bonnet Pull Cables
The Lexus bonnet pull cable releases the latch mechanism on the bonnet.
The bonnet is a crucial part of the car body, for beneath it is housed some of the most important components a car needs in order to run. In most cars the bonnet is the hinged cover that protects and allows access to the engine compartment. A bonnet is made up of an outer panel which is designed to be smooth and streamlined, assisting with the aerodynamics of the vehicle, contoured to match the shape of the car, and an inner panel which is strong and offers protection to the engine beneath.
The bonnet is fixed to the frame at the front of the car and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards. The bonnet works with a bonnet latch mechanism. It is held down by a latch which stops it from opening unexpectedly while driving along and also acts as a lock. The bonnet can be opened from the exterior, by releasing the latch, hidden just under the bonnet lip, or by pulling a small lever inside the car, usually located beneath the steering wheel, which is attached to the Lexus bonnet pull cable, which causes the bonnet to pop open.
If the bonnet pull cable has worn thin and slack, stretched or snapped, the release mechanism won't function correctly and it will need to be replaced with a Lexus bonnet pull cable that will ensure it is compatible with the Lexus bonnet.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.