Used Lexus Bootlid Tailgate Hinges
All used Lexus Bootlid Tailgate Hinges listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bootlid Tailgate Hinges
The Lexus bootlid tailgate is the lifting cover for the boot space on a saloon vehicle or the lifting door on a hatchback or estate vehicle. In the latter it will include the rear window, referred to as the tailgate hatch glass, in the former it will be a solid piece of bodywork.
The bootlid tailgate is mounted to the frame of the car with Lexus bootlid tailgate hinges, which are fixed to the car with either bolts or pins, to the boot space/luggage compartment at the rear of the vehicle. The Lexus bootlid tailgate hinges attach to either side of the bootlid tailgate and function to enable it to be mounted to the car and the bootlid to be opened and closed easily with the hinged mechanism. The Lexus tailgate hatch glass is set into the hinged Lexus bootlid tailgate, forming a window, which lifts, opening the rear end of the passenger compartment.
The Lexus bootlid tailgate hinges enable the door to be joined to the car, while the movable mechanism of the door hinge allows the door to swing open and closed. A hinge will have a great deal of stress and strain put on to it so it needs to be strong and durable. Door hinges are usually made of stainless steel because this metal does a good job at withstanding rust. There are many different types of hinges, but the hinges used in doors are usually made up of two sheets of shaped metal with holes for the bolts or pins, joined together by a barrell which is secured by a pivot, which enables the movement, allowing the door to be opened or closed.
The hinge mechanism can wear out over time, and parts such as the pins or bolts can stop functioning properly due to old age or corrosion, making it difficult to open or close the bootlid tailgate with ease. If the bootlid tailgate hinges on your car seize up due to rust, the pin in the pivot joints will break. If there's a rattling sound coming from the bootlid tailgate, it's worth checking the hinges as loose hinges can cause the bootlid tailgate to vibrate and shake. Misaligned or loose hinges can lead to the door moving from it's proper position, which can cause it to bounce back when you try to shut it, requiring you to lift the door up in order to close it. When you need to replace the hinges on your bootlid tailgate, buying a set of Lexus bootlid tailgate hinges will ensure you get the right part for the make and model of your car.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.