Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Bootlid Tailgate Open Switchs
All used Lexus Bootlid Tailgate Open Switchs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bootlid Tailgate Open Switchs
The Lexus bootlid tailgate open switches can vary depending on which vehicle they’re located upon. Some are manually operated by pushing a button on or near the tailgate in order to open it. On some vehicles however, there is an electric switch that is situated in the front of the vehicle - usually on the driverside - which is used to open the vehicle’s boot or tailgate without having to get out of the vehicle and open the boot manually. There are also types of vehicle or models that use both the manual bootlid and tailgate opening method and the electrical version, as well as a key operation to open the boot.
Issues with the Lexus bootlid tailgate open switch may mean that you are unable to open the boot. This could be caused by an electrical fault as a result of wear and tear. Some vehicles however, have the opposite problem in that the bootlid or tailgate won’t close or opens whilst the vehicle is moving. This is obviously a security issue, but can also create a dangerous situation if the boot opens whilst the vehicle is in motion, as luggage stored in the boot can make its way into the path of following traffic.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.