Used Lexus Bootlid Tailgate Release Cables
All used Lexus Bootlid Tailgate Release Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bootlid Tailgate Release Cables
The Lexus bootlid tailgate release cable is a cable which is attached to a lever or button in the front of your vehicle. The cable attaches to the boot release mechanism in order to open the boot without the driver having to leave the vehicle and which is powered by an attached motor.
Through general wear and tear the Lexusbootlid tailgate release cable can stretch and eventually snap.
If it fails, you will not likely be able to open the boot from inside the vehicle and will have to use the key to lock and unlock the boot. For some vehicles, however it’s possible that you will not be able to unlock the boot at all. Some failed Lexus bootlid tailgate release cables will trigger the vehicle’s alarm system, believing that the boot is unlocked. Some models have an emergency lever in the boot to release the boot lid.
It is also worth noting that the boot release can fail and the cable may not be affected. A good way to check is to listen for the electrical solenoid which will make a small noise when operated. If you cannot hear this your problem may be related to the electrics rather than the cable.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!