Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Camshaft Pulleys
All used Lexus Camshaft Pulleys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Camshaft Pulleys
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. The Lexus camshaft pulley has an important part to play in the mechanical linkage which works to harness the power produced in the engine and transform it into the rotary drive required to make the vehicle move. Essentially, the camshaft pulley functions to ensure the camshaft is rotating at the right speed and enables it to smoothly spin around.
The camshaft's job is to manage the poppet valves, basically opening and closing the intake and exhaust valves in the cylinder head. The cylinder head is comprised of a series of passages that carry the air and fuel combination needed for combustion to the cylinders; the liquid coolant, needed to keep the engine cool; and harmful fumes (produced in the engine in the process of combustion) from the exhaust valves to the exhaust manifold and away from the vehicle. An integral part of the engine's timing system, the camshaft works to manage this process by making sure that the intake and exhaust valves are opening and closing at exactly the right time. The engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. The camshaft pulley controls how fast the camshaft rotates and enables the smooth rotation of the cylindrical camshaft. The camshaft receives power from the crankshaft, connected by the cam belt/timing belt, and as the camshaft rotates on the camshaft pulley, it opens and closes the valves. The cam shaft pulley works in conjunction with the timing belt to make sure the camshaft is rotating in synch with the crankshaft (the part that controls the engine's pistons and turns power from the pistons into the rotational power required to make the car move).
A worn, rusted, dented or damaged camshaft pulley can effect the vital timing system of the engine and will need to be replaced. Signs of a problem can be a rattling noise from the engine and vibrating. When this part fails, replacing it with a Lexus camshaft pulley will guarantee a part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.