Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Carb Mountingss
All used Lexus Carb Mountingss listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Carb Mountingss
The Carburettor is mounted on Lexus carb mountings which are designed to act as a sealant, holding the carb firmly in position and perfectly aligned. The carb mountings are usually a flange/plate used with circular rubber seals to create a soft, secure fix between the carb and the mount.
The Lexus carb mountings function to strengthen the holding of the carb to the intake manifold and to keep it in the right position, as well as absorbing vibrations and noise from the engine.
The carb has the important job of ensuring the right amount of air and fuel mix is provided to the cylinders in the engine in order for combustion to take place and for the engine to perform at its best. The Carburettor is essentially a pipe through which the air needed for combustion travels. The carb narrows in the middle which causes the pressure in the air, as it flows through the carb, to drop at this point, creating a vacuum which sucks the fuel in. It works by using valves, referred to as the choke and throttle, which take in the right amount of air and fuel which is mixed in the carb before it is sent to the engine.
Carb mountings will wear over time and can become brittle and cracked. Warped carb mountings can lead to a vacuum leak. Replacing this part when it has failed with Lexus carb mountings will ensure perfect compatibility, specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
- Lexus spent a reported £1billion on developing the first generation LS. Reportedly, 1400 engineers were recruited, 2300 technicians worked on the car, and 450 prototypes were built.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!