Used Lexus Column Switchs
All used Lexus Column Switchs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Column Switchs
The column switch, which is also known as the steering column switch or steering column control module, is a rod that protrudes from the steering column of the vehicle. The column switch is used to control a variety of different operations in the car. Most vehicles have at least two column switches, although some have three or four. They are positioned to permit easy access to the controls of the vehicle without losing contact with the steering wheel. They also encase the electrical wiring that operates the various operations that they control.
There is a range of uses for a vehicle’s common switches. Originally they were used to shift (or switch) gears on automatic cars. This then progressed to controlling the vehicle’s indicators and windscreen wipers. Most frequently, column switches are now used to control windscreen wipers, headlights, the headlight beam, the horn, the indicators and screen washers. However, more sophisticated versions of the column switch, in higher range vehicles, can control audio systems, cruise control systems and the vehicle’s onboard computer.
The most likely causes of malfunction of a column switch are loose wiring or a blown fuse. However, if the steering column switch itself fails or is damaged it can be easily replaced. All major motor parts suppliers can access the appropriate replacement part specific to the model of vehicle concerned.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.