Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Differential Limited Slips
All used Lexus Differential Limited Slips listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Differential Limited Slips
The Lexus limited slip differential is a fantastic choice for vehicle owners who would like to improve their vehicles’ traction, handling, balance and braking capabilities. The high performance Lexus limited slip differential is used in both road vehicles and motorsport vehicles, and is a high quality alternative to basic open differentials.
The Lexus limited slip differential works differently to a normal differential. Whilst they both split the engine torque in two, the normal differential distributes the torque unevenly to both drive wheels, allowing the outer drive wheel to rotate faster than the inner. In a Lexus limited slip differential, this torque is still split in two but the independence of each wheel is limited so torque is distributed evenly. This is very useful when driving on slippery road surfaces such as ice.
The Lexus limited slip differential consists of a ring gear, pinion gear and side gear that are encased. As these gears rotate they turn friction disks and steel plates that are sandwiched between the side gear and the casing. These plates and disks rotate with the case and create frictional force. It’s this force that turns the drive wheels at the correct speed.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- Although Mexico is a huge market, Lexus doesn't have a single dealership there. While Lexus has a presence in over 90 countries, they are conspicuously absent from the 13th largest car market on the planet!
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.