Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Door Lock Mechanisms
All used Lexus Door Lock Mechanisms listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Lock Mechanisms
The Lexus door lock mechanism driverside consists of several sub components that together allow the door to be locked and unlocked via the key, remote, levers or buttons. In most modern cars the mechanism is centrally controlled by an electronic system. Some cars have manual locking mechanisms with each door needing to be locked independently.
Most of the door lock mechanism is housed within the door itself behind the inner door card although the central electronic control unit will be under the dashboard or elsewhere in the vehicle.
The Lexus door lock mechanism driverside generally consists of a lock barrel, actuator, locking mechanism, knob or lever, switch, connecting rods and clips. The components work together to control the locking of doors on the vehicle.
Door lock mechanisms can fail due to wear and tear of mechanical components or failure of the electronics. This can be as a result of corrosion, broken or damaged wiring, blown fuses or faulty electronic components including switches, actuators or the central control unit (ECU).
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.