Used Lexus Door Locks & Keys Complete Sets
All used Lexus Door Locks & Keys Complete Sets listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Locks & Keys Complete Sets
A Lexus door lock and key set is an essential part of a cars security system. In conjunction with several other components the door locks and keys allow the doors to be locked and unlocked via a key from outside the vehicle.
<Model> door lock and key sets generally include 3 units, one for each of the front doors and one for the bootlid or tailgate. The lock barrel is installed behind the door card or lining panel, and presents a keyhole to the outside of the door. The door lock barrel is connected to the door lock mechanism allowing it to be locked and unlocked. In cars with central locking systems the door lock barrel is also connected electronically to the ECU, allowing all doors to be locked and unlocked from one location. Additionally the ECU may be used to activate and deactivate alarm and immobiliser systems when the key is turned in the lock barrel.
Door lock barrels can fail due to wear and tear including damaged or worn keys, corrosion, damaged wiring (where connected to central locking) or due to attempted theft. The major advantage to installing a door locks and keys complete set is that all locks will use the same key.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus spent a reported £1billion on developing the first generation LS. Reportedly, 1400 engineers were recruited, 2300 technicians worked on the car, and 450 prototypes were built.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!